when did you change your diapers?

This is definitely the scariest thing I have done. The falling down at about 150mi/hr isn't even the scariest part... the worst is standing outside (no, it's not a typo, OUTSIDE) of the airplane, holding on to a metal handle that looks like something from a german tank tpye Tiger in the WWII, a propeller blasting kerosine fumes in your face about 5 feet away at 100mi/hr.
Yeah, that actually is me on that tiny picture, tiny just so you can't see my "whatthe?!?!?!" face. No, I didn't always dream about it, in fact, it was spur of the moment... A friend with a huge hangover calls "wanna go?" What am I gonna say? I'm a wuss? ha!
I actually have more questions about skydiving than experiences to tell - what is the point of helmet there, let me ask you? Can you KINDA make it? I've seen the ground from up there, now i know why birds crap so much... You jump out of that plane at 10000ft your parachute doesn't open, the helmet is now wearing you for protection! Later on talking with other helmets "it's a good thing he was there, otherwise I would've hit the ground directly! That's the basic helmet safety, you never jump out of the plane without a human being strapped underneath you". They got me the gloves, the suit, the whole deal. They even have an altimeter with the time on it. What was that about? "I'm plunging to the ground, my parachute failed to open, and gee! look at the time! I'm dead AND late!"

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home