rush hour
Don't you just love it when you're almost late for an appointment, you take your favourite shortcut and there you are... turns out, 3 blocks ahead there's an accident :)
I've always noticed: you're driving on the highway, it's rush hour, traffic is barely moving. You're in the left lane (mostly), and then by some chance your lane starts moving. As you pass one car after another, everybody from other lanes starts looking over to your side, and cars ahead of you start signaling lane change. At that point I usually think, "yeah, sure, this is a secret lane, nobody knows about it, come on in, I'll split it with you." And they stick out their hands, "I couldn't help but notice you've found a secret lane, could you please let me in? Thank you so much." Almost like lane-beggars...

It's like I got a magic traffic remote control, and they're stuck in the bad lane - everyone's moving but them. And after they change, their old lane starts to move. Well, obviously, too many people have found out about the secret lane, now you gotta go back before everyone realizes what's happening. That's why I hate traffic, because of those secret-busters.
I've always noticed: you're driving on the highway, it's rush hour, traffic is barely moving. You're in the left lane (mostly), and then by some chance your lane starts moving. As you pass one car after another, everybody from other lanes starts looking over to your side, and cars ahead of you start signaling lane change. At that point I usually think, "yeah, sure, this is a secret lane, nobody knows about it, come on in, I'll split it with you." And they stick out their hands, "I couldn't help but notice you've found a secret lane, could you please let me in? Thank you so much." Almost like lane-beggars...

pic was taken around after new years, 2005, pretty much right outside of my house
It's like I got a magic traffic remote control, and they're stuck in the bad lane - everyone's moving but them. And after they change, their old lane starts to move. Well, obviously, too many people have found out about the secret lane, now you gotta go back before everyone realizes what's happening. That's why I hate traffic, because of those secret-busters.

2 Comments:
You know, I can almost hear Jerry Seinfeld's voice speaking through you here...
Yeah, I gave him my password for a week, he blogged a little, didn't like it though.
Post a Comment
<< Home